Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lost Remote: Rick Sanchez's success with Twitter + TV

I was drawn to this article on Lost Remote because I recall talking about Twitter in one of our previous JRN 305 classes. At the time, I had no idea what Twitter was. I learned a little bit of background info on it through class and now I understand the function of Twitter. This article intrigued me because it talked about Rick Sanchez's afternoon show on CNN and how he integrates things such as Twitter, Facebook, and Myspace into his show. I feel like this is really showing how advanced our society and technology has become. Not only is his show a TV show, but it also showcases video clips, interviews, and Internet chats. One criticism that was voiced was that the show moves along at a very rapid pace, almost too fast for some viewers. I have never watched the show, but I can definitely see how the show could move too quickly through certain segments. However, the public must like something about the show because the article states that the time slot for Sanchez's show has increased its audience by almost 25 percent.

No comments: